lake_symington_banner

Lake Symington Community Club
P.O. Box 154
Seabeck, WA 98380

Annual Meeting Minutes For
May 16, 2017

BOARD MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE:
Dino Fanara, Heather Keller, Steve Johnson, George Pease, Larry Dandurand, Danielle Rye

BOARD MEMBERS ABSENT:
Patrick Blotzer, Sky Marks, Jeff Glanzman, Bob Schumaker, Graham Fenwick

MEETING CALLED TO ORDER AT 6:02 PM by Dino Fanara, President

APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Meeting minutes from April 10th were approved unanimously and will be posted to the website.

TREASURER’S REPORT:

Treasurer: 4/1/17 - 4/30/17
Previous Balance: $13,056
Withdrawals: $846
Deposits: $1
Ending Balance: $12,241

TOPICS DISCUSSED:
Comments received from HOA newsletters:
Board members reviewed and discussed comments received from HOA members. Comments included: A reminder for pet owners to pick up waste at parks and along the road; request for members to return trash/recycle bins to their home soon after emptying; one member stated that they are not a fan of additional street lights but if helps kids they support it; request for stop sign at Big Beef (this request that should be directed to Kitsap county public works); Complaint received of family residing in a camper against HOA rules - HOA Board will look into the situation. Request received to convert street lights to LED.

HOA Dues/ Transfer of Title at sale: Discussion commenced regarding property transfer/HOA dues and responsibility of buyer and Title Company for disclosure of dues/owed dues.

Corral Property: After touring the area, members decided against creating a community recreation area in the corral. Members discussed adverse possession laws regarding homes that are adjacent to the corral. Members discussed the water in the property. Jeff suggested going to the property with a metal detector and finding the property pins to use for posting a property sign. Dino suggested posting a sign that said “Lake Symington Community Club - Private Property” so if there ever is a problem, police can remove trespassers. Action items: Jeff and Dino to attempt to locate the property markers with a metal detector.

Fort Symington HOA Update:
Division 5 met at the Bowling Alley recently to elect new board members. Gene Berchide was elected President. There are two new members.

Park update:
Members discussed the maintenance of the dam and need for weed removal. George stated he will be delivering a new load of sand. The slide in the park needs welding; Jeff has welding gear and will repair slide. Heather has contacted the company to deliver 2 Sani cans at the park the last week in May. Dino suggested requesting an extra trash can for the park during the summer months or upgrade to a bigger can. Heather motioned to request a recycle bin. Dino seconded the motion and it was unanimously approved by the board.

Action items: Jeff to weld slide. Dino to contact Waste Management for a recycle bin.

Annual Yard Sale:
Jennifer Kilkenny will be posting notices of the Yard Sale that occurs First Saturday of June.

Speed Bump:
All requirements to request a speed bump from Kitsap County have been met. The neighborhood survey reflected that 11 of the 13 homes surveyed on the street approve. The HOA sent a request letter to Kitsap County Public Works via certified mail.

Next Meeting: June 6, 2017 6 p.m. at Heather and Steve’s house.

Adjornment: Meeting adjourned at 7:08 p.m..

Return to Minutes Index.