The park at Lake Symington Community Club is for members only. Remember to use the park at your own risk and swim only at your own risk. Park Rules include:
- Dam is a Prohibited Area
- Use Garbage Can for Garbage
- Clean Up After Pets
- No Glass Bottles
- No Power Boats Allowed
- No Fire Arms Allowed at any time.
- Minor drinking/smoking is not allowed.
- Be courteous of others and please clean up after yourself.
- Park closes at 10 p.m.
Many waterborne illnesses can be prevented by taking some simple precautions:
- Do not drink lake water.
- Diapered, non-toilet trained, and/or ill (e.g. diarrhea, skin infections, etc.) individuals must not go into the water.
- Thoroughly wash hands with soap and water after swimming or using the bathroom, and before handling or eating food.
- Avoid large crowds of swimmers.
- To prevent swimmer's itch, shower or towel dry immediately after leaving the water.
- Do not feed the geese and ducks.
- Consult your doctor before you swim if you have an immune deficiency.
- Immediately report blue-green algae blooms to the health district (see below). Blue-green algae blooms typically look like green, blue, brown or reddish-green paint floating on the water, and some produce toxins which can cause illness in humans and animals.
- Immediately report any cases of swimming related illness (e.g. diarrhea, vomiting, stomach cramps, skin infections, etc.) to the health district.
Report Public Health Concerns to the Kitsap Public Health District:
Weekdays 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. 360-337-5235
Online at the www.kitsappublichealth.org website
After Hours Emergencies: dial 911
Warning: Swimmer's Itch
The parasite causing swimmer's itch may be present in this lake. Shower or towel dry immediately after leaving the water.
Please, no trespassing on the Fish Ladder or Dam. There may be submerged objects that could cause bodily injury or harm. No swimming in these areas.
The Kitsap Regional Library BookMobile Schedule is:
Every Other Wednesday
Sept 12, 26
Oct 3, 17, 31
Nov 1, 15, 29
Dec 13, 27
Turie's Expresso: 9-9:45 a.m.
Maple Beach (half mile past park entrance): 10-10:45 a.m.
Seabeck Post Office: 11-11:45 a.m.
Holly Beach, Allen King Road: 12-12:45 p.m.
Camp Union Store: 1:30-2:30 p.m.
Lake Symington (Lake Access): 2:45-4:15 p.m.
For information about this library on wheels, visit this link: http://www.krl.org/bookmobile